2016/08/16

Rainbow Girl

Ie finally did something more polished than not polished at all. 

I've ended up with few final versions, so you can decide which one you like more yourself.

bright

brown

black

light gray

B&W

And here is my process:


Sketch - nothing too fancy. At this point a have a vague idea what I want to do.

 

After painting Rorschach I wanted to do something brighter and more colourful.
So far I was painting mostly in grayscale, so it was hard. 

 

Refined that bit by bit.

 

I was happy with that colour scheme, but I wanted to push that bit more. A bit too much, but I'll tone it down later. 


Oh and I wanted to check smear brush engine in Krita, but I accidentally CTRL+z-ed new layer, so I had to repair what I did manually.


Some eye sockets... 


...and hair refinement. I tried to give them that "S" shape kind of flow. I don't think I succeeded here, but It's literally first time I'm drawing and rendering hair.

 

 I couldn't decide where I want her to look, so I did 3 versions and finally decided to go with the second one.

 

 Some blur and colour noise.
 The rest is just adding the frame, and blowing up the background brightness.


 I think I've made some progress since the last December (<--click to see).

That's it


So long