2016/10/04

The Witcher - Wild Brush

^^ that's a pun *da-bum-tss!*

I told 'ya you'll see him in the future.



I have lots and lots of steps saved, but there is no point in putting them here. 
There's simply too many of them.

Instead of that I'll give you the most crucial ones (is that sentence even correct? lol) and I'll write the follow-up post, focusing on what I learned from that and how, later.

^^ You may believe me or not, but it all started from that potato.

At the beginning he wasn't even suppose to be the witcher. 
I just wanted to paint some guy and my brother told he kinda resembles him so I went for it.

^^Some refinement later I decided to change the background
although now I know that this colour scheme doesn't suit Geralt. 


The biggest problem (as always in my case) I had with eyes. 
I will have to spend some time on drawing and painting them in the near future.

Probably everything is off but a month ago I wouldn't be able to do even that much.

All painted on one layer. 
Pretty much no references to avoid similarities and push my brain to the limit.
Also I was trying to pick colours I needed from colour wheel and used slight saturation/hue filter layer just before I decided it's finished.


Follow-up post is coming so brace yourselves!

So long.