2017/07/02

This one's old

That one I did 2 months ago. Simply forgot to include him in the latest post. 



It was kind of important for me though. The main reason is I learned a lot about correct topology.
It doesn't mean that I became good at it at that point - just a little bit more aware of what it should look like.


If you check the name of picture you'll see that it's "Woman_face_2_DX_RX". 
D is from Day, R is from Render. Every day has different render count. 

The funny thing is that I was painting and sculpting only females and this one started as one as well.
I remember that I left the naming convention as it was because I wanted to make some point about that...I don't remember what point tho' - Sorry.


I've changed her face lil' bit and that's what came out.


Refined it further,


and further,


and further.


Then I retopologized him,


and applied a normal map baked from that high-res mesh.


It didn't look good so I retopologized it once again from a scratch, baked another normal map and it was even worse...


So I repeated that few more times and that's how it came out at the end.
I made few mistakes and the biggest are:
-bad topology (with too many poles in places they shouldn't be) which was creating those triangular darker artefacts;
-baking the normal map with too low tolerance (it's called ray distance), which was creating some of those artefacts;
-applying normal map in a wrong way, which wasn't showing correct "fake" geometry distortion and details.


I've learned a lot since then.
I'll post some more recent stuff later.

That's it,
So long