2017/07/01

3 moths worth scrap pile



Three months worth scrap bundle... April/May/June Ladies and Gentlemen.


Buzz Astral from the Toy Story.
Wanted to visualize him, make front, back and side view and then model it but I lost all the interest.


Some poses and stuff. I gave them smileys with the attitudes I wanted them to have, I choose one and started the refinemant process...Basically I wanted to do something similar to what I did few years ago.


(which you can see here ^^ and you can see the entire process here).


Wanting and starting is sadly all I did :/ 


Next one is generic soldier. I'll show you process of his creation later, but I'm stuck here and I'm not willing to push it further.
He has decent topology - totally ready for animation but I gave him so heavy and complex shader (textures and all that stuff) I can't open it with Blender without getting a crash every 40 seconds :D 
I've fucked up big time... I know what NOT to do now...


That guy^^ this one wasn't meant to be animated so it has some clipping problems. 
I modelled him, left a town for a week, and when I was back I decided to do some Rigging/shape keys animating. 
It looks cringy - but it serves its purpose, which is showing that I have layered animation. 
I have some mid-process renders so you may expect entire post about him as well.


Then I wanted to redesign the Nonosuit from the Crysis game. Fantastic design BTW. 
In a game a suit had symbiotic relation with its user. I tried to give it more parasitic look. For example spine and helmet form that "facehugger" (the one from Alien films) shape and all the metal parts look (at least from behind) like the were wrapping around him.


I wasn't happy with the first try so I scrapped it and stuck on torso muscles retopology...

 

Some thumbnail of storm painting. Had like 6 of the on a page but it looks like I cropped it, left as it was and saved that way... 


Some female face painting practice. 


I'm trying to create some reusable 3D assets that I could use in the future.
Low-poli tent model with applied normals map. Those stretching lines (or whatever they're called) are just simple double sided 2D planes so two of them are not visible at this angle. Sorry for potato render.


The last one I've finished yesterday and you'll definitely see process pics in few days. 
I was pissed off by the Crysis guy fail, so I decided to do something easier so the generic future soldier bust it is!



That's it.

So long