2016/12/29

Masterstudies of Leyendecker

I did a studies of one of the Arrow Collar Man illustrations made by Joseph Christian Leyendecker. 

Not entire illustration 'tho. The full illustration shows 2 man sitting in a room. One of them is holding a golf club and the other one have smoking pipe in his hand - and that's how you'll find it.
I painted just a small piece of that.


I painted this small because I didn't want to focus on details.
All I was using is hard round and soft round brush.

When it comes to colours I have that problem they look fake so the goal was to learn how to make something look alive.

Another things I got hint of was how to outline things, how to do rim-lights, and how to make work with as few strokes as you can.

I mean I still know shit about all of that ^^, but now, at least, I know the direction.


That's it for now,
So long