2017/05/28

Sci-fi pilot - Day 5 - final


Oh boy - the last day was productive.

As I said yesterday I unwrapped that model but I wasn't happy with it so I decided to redo it.


I took that ^^


Molded into that^^


and after applying it to mesh it looks like that^^


so if I paint that on top of texture^^


the model starts to look like that^^


and finally becomes this ^^ :D


I did my homework and learned how to apply normal maps correctly day after I finished that so if I were to redo that now it would look better.


The reflectivity is feeded by B&W mask. The darker the mask is the shinier the model is. 


The material is controlled by RGB mask  - red channel is for metals, green one is for material (or more like rubber...) and the blue one is for glass (like visor).


And that's how the model looks with ambient occlusion mask applied.

The reason behind all that masking mambo-jambo is that I wanted to export it to Unreal Engine 4.
I didn't but at least I know the workflow now.



I also tried to animate walking cycle just to test some tools, rig and my general gut instinct. 


That's the first try


And that's the second one. 

I'm John Snow of animation so don't cringe too much.
Hands are deforming in a weird way... guess that's the bad morphing cage problem.
Shape Keys are on my TODO list for tomorrow so it shouldn't be a problem in future models.



And here are high res renders of her. I hope that the blogspot won't scale them down terribly.



+ a small rotator of final product.


I've never seen that many "ands" in a written text. Guess that's another thing to work on.

That's it.
So long.