2016/06/29

Some anatomy practice

3/4 back view. Nothing fancy but drawing that helped me to memorise all these muscles.

And here you have entire process.

The thing is: you don't have to start with pretty lines and perfect pose.

If you are starting, just like me, you can just paint a potatoman and sculpt it.

I feel quite confident with my upper muscles knowledge, but I still suck at visualising it.
You can see how much that anatomy blob changed from 3rd to 5th version.

6 and 7 are just coloring and line "sculpting".

8 and 9 introduced leg bones in simplified form, and you can see that I'm not that acknowledged with lower body anatomy.

Back muscles were drawn entirely from my head, where for the legs I had to use references few times. Especially in the knee area.
I was drawing it muscle by muscle, attaching one to the other, keeping in mind (sometimes even tracing with lighter lines) insertion points.


If someone's interested I had 4 layers in total.
One for the background, one for established steps, one for the sketch and one for colours.
Refining lines is just erasing the parts where I wanted muscles to show through and darkening the lines I was left with.
No tracing old lines on new layer. If I draw a line I have to commit to that. I can always Ctrl+z stuff till I'm happy.


If that helped, well... good for you.

So long