2016/06/14

Thugs Face

Supp?



You've already had a chance to see that guy in my older post.
Now he's a bit more rendered. He' is basically test subject for my new blending technique.
Well... it's not that new, but I wasn't using it 'till now.

1. Quick sketch -> rough indication of facial features (as always) -> some basic shadows and...

2. ...the "fun" part. Putting broad strokes of values and smearing edges where the plain change is soft, and leaving hard edges, where the plain change is sudden.






3. I gave him an eye-patch, mostly because I'm too lazy to render the eye properly. I needed an excuse, so I scratch his face and left him with a scar. Also put him against the darker background to indicate some rim light coming from behind. Everything made in probably the most lazy way I could have even imagined - eyeballed and painted by the hand :D

4. Some value changes, bonus trapezius, some plain changes and I got bored.


The only reason of bringing that guy to this level was testing that paint&smear thingy'.

-values are off and stopped at 25% brightness;
-anatomy can't be called "spot-on" in any possible way;
-nothing is rendered to the presentable level (character nor the background);
-materials don't look like they should (leather is not leather, skin doesn't look like skin etc.).

I know what I did wrong - or rather what I didn't do at all and I'm totally fine with this.
I'm not capable of working on all mistakes I do at once, so I'll be working them one by one.
Right now I'm focusing on human body anatomy, so maybe somewhen in the future (certainly not the near future) I'll do recap of my anatomy fuckups.

Any way - have a good day.
So long