2017/05/24

Sci-fi pilot - Day 1



So I decided to do a bit more advanced stuff...


I even started with the concept art. Well... maybe not real concept art. More like 3 basic views of what I had in mind. to have something to start the modelling with.
Pushed proportions, few straps, some hard surface and the basic idea is ready.
I was thinking about Sci-Fi jet pilots and stuff. Something that'd be suitable for games.


I started with basic, low-poli mesh, somewhat resembling my "pilot" proportion-wise.


Defined her anatomy more



and more


and more


and then I put on her some details like shoulderpads, straps, helmet, and stuff like that. 


And then the retopo* has begun...
I'll do the hands and feet separately later. 

*Long and boring process of covering your super detailed mesh with more policount efficient version. 
Original had 250k vertices and retopologized model have 4200 of them. Not yet game ready but it's good enough for animation. 

I'll keep you informed about the progress.

That's it
So long