2017/05/26

Sci-fi pilot - Day 2 and 3


So yeah... I was too lazy to write something yesterday.


I retopologized her hands and feet


I was using subsurface modifier (< this temporarily devides squares to 4 smaller squares so it gives me better look) during the retopology process and that's how it looks without it.


At that point I'm happy with my topology and I'm starting to add some straps and stuff. 


I put some basic shaders on them and that, I think, is the very moment when I said "goodbye" to my subsurface modifier.
I was switching that on and off, and then I decided to delete it and give some more loops in places like midriff, belly button. Basically everywhere where it needed more topology. As I said 4200 verts is the goal (for the base mesh at least) so I had to put those bonus quads rather sparingly.


And that's the only thing I was able to do yesterday. I mean some shader tweaks (I know I will change it million times but its purpose is to give me some directions), earpads and respirator is not bad for circa 3 hours of work for someone that creates his first animation-ready 3D model, but I wish I could do more.


That's it for today.
Back to work,
So long